Baby Redskins

Raven Cheater, Reporter

Around 70 percent of pregnant teens drop out of high school, which is a much higher number than the drop out rate for teens who do not become pregnant. Baby redskins a group here at North high is here to help students succeed. “We are a group to help pregnant (students) or those who have children, “Counselor Amanda Glazier.

They can help with the before the during and after questions, concerns, or needs you might have. Baby redskins will begin meeting every white day Monday. What happens at these meetings ? Well, a nurse who is an expert in her field.

She is  prepared to answer any questions you or someone you know may have.  The nurse will have have all the best answers and advice . On top of all that, they help apply for programs that will aid the soon to be mothers in many ways.

A certain program that they specifically apple for is WIC which stands for women ,infants and children .

WIC is a program that offers benefits for a variety of foods to aid the parents. “plus I’m there ,I have two kids of my own so I’m also available,” Glazier said. Along with answering questions that students may have, the nurse that visits is the leader of the local district mom group . She also is charge of the baby mobile . The baby mobile holds diapers,wipes other essentials that you might need . if you have any questions feel free to talk to Mrs. Glazier or your academy counselor for more information .