The Student News Site of Wichita North High School

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

Polls

Which social media is your favorite?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

North senior earns prestigious scholarship

Elle Warren
Tianna Wear earned the prestigious Questbridge Scholarship which will $83,000 a year for college.

Tionna Wear is a Senior who won the QuestBridge national college match scholarship. The QuestBridge scholarship is a full ride four-year scholarship worth over to 200,000 dollars each.

“I won 83,000 a year to go to Denison. Thats tuition, dorms, and food,” Wear said.

Wear had heard about this scholarship over many years and decided to try to win it.

“I originally heard about it from my friend, freshman year, and I’ve had a couple teachers re remind me of it,” Wear said.

Wear had to work hard for this reward before it all paid off.

“I had to go to the QuestBridge and fill out an application, and when I was accepted as a finalist, I had to fill out the application for the portals for the colleges,” Wear said.

With this new opportunity for school, Wear is ready to be successful doing what she loves.

“My plan after high school is to go to Denison University for theater and finance; double major,” Wear said.