North Star

North Star

Parmenter, McCollum lead boys golf team

Marlen Castaneda and Carrington Tackitt

Starting off the 2018 spring season, boys golf is preparing for a high performance season. Coach Scott Baxter described his team as “one of the better groups that has been working their way to this moment.”

On the team Baxter has a two-time state qualifier, Eli Parmenter. Parmenter also medaled in last year’s City League tournament. Fellow senior Chase McCollum also medaled in the past two years’ City League tournaments. Senior Taylor Thompson also adds experience in his senior season. These seniors are expected to have another great season to end their high school career.

Senior Noah Garcia and Sophomore Kobe Marth will round out the 2018 team.

“The team has been hitting well and performance is up,” Baxter said. As a team, the players have been developing and are looking forward to keeping their scores low.

About the Writers
Marlen Castaneda, Reporter
Carrington Tackitt was born May 2nd. She attended Heights for two years, then transferred to North for her Junior and Senior years. She enjoys playing softball, listening to music, and watching soccer and basketball. Her favorite basketball team is KU. Carrington hopes to attend University of Kansas one day for sports medicine. From her transfer from Heights...
Carrington Tackitt, Reporter
By coincidence, Marlen ended up being on the North High Media team. On freshmen orientation, she realized she didn’t have a first hour and she was luckily placed in 21st century journalism. After a while, she really took it seriously and now in her sophomore year she is in Digital Media Technology. She’s now found...