North Star

North Star

North students reach out to help

Carrington Tackitt and Marlen Castaneda

Helping Hands is an organization held by North Highs Interior Textile Design Studio Class. Students participated in gathering hygiene items such as, female products, bottled water, snacks, kleenex, hand sanitizer, and deodorant sponsored by Dillions donation of a $100 gift card. Dental hygiene products were donated by Wichita Family Dental, and Adventure Dental & Vision. Students also participated in sewing donated fabric together, to make backpacks. The 85 homemade backpacks that were filled with donations, were delivered on January 26, to help our community. The students advertised the project by creating posters, letters, and daily announcements asking for donations. This was a good opportunity for North High to reach out and help our community.

About the Writers
Carrington Tackitt, Reporter
By coincidence, Marlen ended up being on the North High Media team. On freshmen orientation, she realized she didn’t have a first hour and she was luckily placed in 21st century journalism. After a while, she really took it seriously and now in her sophomore year she is in Digital Media Technology. She’s now found...
Marlen Castaneda, Reporter
Carrington Tackitt was born May 2nd. She attended Heights for two years, then transferred to North for her Junior and Senior years. She enjoys playing softball, listening to music, and watching soccer and basketball. Her favorite basketball team is KU. Carrington hopes to attend University of Kansas one day for sports medicine. From her transfer from Heights...