The Drama department takes on “The Crucible”

Johnah Grant, Writer

For the first show of the year, North high’s drama department will be performing “The Crucible”, a play based on the Salem witch trials during 1692-1693. The cast of the play is various students from different drama classes at North or just aspiring thespians who happen to attend North. There are also people outside of North like past theatre students who have already graduated, helping out with the play voluntarily.

Between gathering costumes, actors learning their lines and getting the set and platforms built, everyone has been working hard for the past couple of weeks. The director of the play and the drama department head, Tyrone Galbreath, specifically chose this show for a reason. This year will be his last year here at North and this was one of the first shows he’s ever done so he wants to do it again but this time he wants to make it better.

Stage manager, Janelly, says “Working on this show has been a different experience” and one thing she wants to come out of this show is “Everyone pulling through and learning their lines.” She also encourages people to actually join theatre and audition for plays. “Every show there’s something different. People grow and you get closer to people”

The show will be performed September 27th and September 28th in the North High Auditorium. Everyone is welcomed to come and support North High thespians and watch a great show!