The Student News Site of Wichita North High School

Second annual “Final Fest” takes place downtown

April 29, 2019

Wichita’s second annual Final Fest took place on Friday, April 26th at the Urban Pop-up Park on Douglas. Final Fest is a free festival that invites people to celebrate and support local art, music, and food. It spanned from around 3 to 11 o’clock, and was successfully occupied the entire time. Food trucks from Little Lion Cafe, Uno Mas, and more were supplying the meals of fellow fest-goers. There were stands selling stickers and prints of art based on local Wichita cultural spots, like the Keeper of the Plains and Jack’s North High Carry-out, along with racks of secondhand vintage clothes, Final Fest 2019 shirts, band merchandise, and raffle tickets. Festival goers also could participate in a human sized copy of a car wash, minus the soap and water, as a fundraiser.

Final Fest 2019 featured performances from a long lineup of local bands, plus the band ‘Mess’ who traveled there from Kansas City. Among the bands playing were Cartwheel, Love Seats, Faux Reality, and local Wichita music scene favorites, The Cavves.

Crowds got together with delicious food, beautiful art, and lively music, enjoying the city’s culture and delivering the mission of the festival: to hype Wichita’s art community and hold an all-ages, inclusive show for a diverse population to celebrate.

The North Star • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All North Star Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *