Who is Timothy Christmore

Tate Miller, Reporter

Timothy Christmore is most known for his collection of animals at North High. His first pet he brought to North was his sophomore year, a green anoel lizard. “I brought my anoel to school for a Florida project I was working on, but I didn’t start keeping my pets at school till January of 2018.” His collection of animals has grown to a size of 38. 

Housing all of his animals between the school zoology classroom & his home, Tim has divided his time between school, work and caring for his animals. 

Mrs. Mariome, Zoology teacher, has helped Tim care for his animals, giving advice and her classroom to house them in. 

“I enjoy Tim’s animals, it helps teach lessons with visuals and cool to have around,” Mariome said. 

The favorite animal among Zoology students are the birds, the exhibit built for them is tropical themed. Timothy plans to build more themed exhibits for his animals. His next project is Caribbean themed.

“I love to share my animals. I wouldn’t adopt them if I couldn’t bring them to school to share with students,” Tim said. 

His first pet, a frog, was caught in the park in the first grade. Timothy brought his animal to school & gave it to his teacher. In elementary school, he visited the Sedgwick County Zoo often and that’s what sparked his interest in animals.

“Well it’s good to know Tim’s interests in caring for animals, and it’s a good hobby. It does get expensive sometimes, ” said Marilyn Christmore, Timothy’s mom when asked the pros & cons to Tim’s Hobby. 

“He put a lot of hard work into it he is very dedicated, he takes very good care of his animals and that really shows responsibility.   He changes the water and is  very diligent  to do so, just does it by himself,” Marilyn said. Tim has put in hours after school on Friday’s to cleaning his aquariums and caring for his animals. 

Coming across bumps in the road, losing fish due to disease and most recently losing two birds, “it hasn’t stopped me from what I enjoy to do, I learned what to do and not to do, I love my animals and do the best I can,” Tim said.