Eli Copeland

Victor Hernandez

Eli Copeland

Eli Copeland grew up in Wichita, KS around the north side of town. He graduated with “the great class of ’08” at North High and pursued his education in college. He got his Bachelor’s degree in English at Sterling College. Copeland then went to WSU where he completed his masters in sports management. He is currently attending Fort Hays State University and is set to earn his masters in teaching by 2020. He was already an educator before becoming an English teacher, as he was a para and tutor at North High. Copeland wanted to more than a para and teach kids in the classroom. He teaches English 2 and 3. He chose this subject because he had a great English teacher in high school. He chose North due to the traditions and atmosphere around the school. He is also familiar with many people at the school. Copeland wants students to enjoy coming to him. Besides being an English teacher he’s also a football coach at North. He’s been coaching for over four years. When he’s not in the classroom nor the field he likes to go to the gym, watch sports, and play with his yellow labrador named Jasmine. One of his goals at North is to establish a positive influence on students so that they can reach their goals. He wants to change the way other people view North high athletics and he wants to encourage kids to get involved in high school stating, “Don’t be too cool to join sports and clubs.” Copeland says that people are worried about what other people will think about them and that shouldn’t be the case. He wants students to come to north to take pride in school and to be proud of being a Redskin.