David Self, proud new Redskin

Jennifer Anima, Reporter

Among the many new faces to North, David Self is the new assistant principal for Academy 2 and has proven to be an excited and proud new Redskin.

Self has been adapting to North well, and describes the people of North as helpful, respectful, welcoming, and friendly. Self said he has heard how much people love North, which made him excited to be a part of our community. He said one of his favorite parts of the new school year has been the way staff and students have adopted him as one of their own.

Although he has heard many positive things about North,  Self said he has also heard negative comments toward the school. He explained how all of those comments quickly got shut down and proven wrong when he started working here. “I think there’s this stereotype of it being a school where people aren’t successful..when I got here and talked to the people who actually work here and the students who are actually here – it was just the opposite .”

The upcoming pep assembly has been something most people are eager to see and experience. Self will experience his first North pep assembly this week and looks forward to experiencing one of the school’s most popular traditions. “When I think about North  I think of tradition, and I’m real excited to get ingrained in the things we do here, the school spirit, the excitement of just being in this building that I seem to get from everybody.”