HBCU Event

Natassja Washington, Writer

Every year the HBCU community hosts a fancy night at the Hyatt for high school students interested in going to an HBCU college.

HBCU stands for historically black college universities. These colleges include Langston University, Howard University, etc.

HBCU colleges were founded before the Civil Rights Act of 1964. These colleges were founded with the intention of primarily serving the African American community.

The HBCU community has organized an event for students to come and get all the information there is to need to know about these different colleges.

North High head principal, Sherman Padgett is selecting students who are interested in going to an HBCU college to join him at this event.

During this event students will get a chance to meet different members of the HBCU community. They will get a chances to ask any questions they may have. They also get the chance to hear speakers, the choir, and meet different fraternities and sororities.

This is great opportunity for students interested in HBCU because it gives students a chance to meet members of the community. It also gives them to get questions they may have about HBCU colleges. Lastly it gives an opportunity to learn about the different colleges and the different requirements.