Avid Juniors : A look into the semester

Raven Cheater, reporter

Juniors in AVID three have had a tremendously busy first semester. They started the year with fundraising by selling chocolate bars. The money raised will go along way in helping with fees of ACT’s, college applications, field trips and many more causes. These students also took the part in the PSAT which is standardized practice test to help prepare students for the real test. Speaking of the real test, AVID students will be taking the ACT on December 9th which is not only exciting but extremely nerve-wracking. In the months before avid students have been working hard to prepare for one of the most important test in their educational life. What’s better than researching for colleges? Actually visiting them of course. AVID students visited McPherson College to learn various things about including, size, and student to teacher ratios and cost. After the college visit they went bowling which was a great opportunity to bond and relax in this consuming semester. Students completed lots of community served the most notable was helping disabled children in wheel chairs enjoy a day at the zoo. As well as family fun nights at numerous elementary schools. They also presented to the community what avid was at the choices fair. On top of all of those accomplishments students have been completing Cornell notes which are detailed in depth notes to use as a study aid. They have been completing  tutorials  which are focus groups determined to aid students in areas of need . Lastly binder checks which are weekly checks to make sure students are going through high school the avid way. Overall, these avid 3 juniors have had a long semester and are ready to finish it out in the best possible way, with the best possible attitude.