North Star

North Star

Urban Teens Book Club

Marlen Castaneda, Reporter

For the first time ever, North High now has an “Urban Teens” club. Come to “enjoy reading, build friendships and motivate each other” says the posters around the school. This club was arranged by Tishya Holden.

“I read a lot and the books I relate to, I feel like my friends would too so I thought it’d be cool to have a club.”

Holden and Ms.Engle are in charge of the club. Ms.Engle agreed to be the clubs sponsor after Tishya went through administration to get the club approved.

“Students would enjoy reading if they liked the books” Engle said. When they all meet, they talk about similar interests among themselves and agree on a page to end on to come back and converse about the book. In the club they read books like “Enough Love”, “Guttaville”, and “Black Widow”. “We’re able to discuss things and get a chance to talk bout real world problems,” Tishya said.

If you want to get together and read books with friends and possibly make new ones, the Urban Teens Book Club meets every Wednesday during lunch in F105.

About the Writer
Marlen Castaneda, Reporter
Carrington Tackitt was born May 2nd. She attended Heights for two years, then transferred to North for her Junior and Senior years. She enjoys playing softball, listening to music, and watching soccer and basketball. Her favorite basketball team is KU. Carrington hopes to attend University of Kansas one day for sports medicine. From her transfer from Heights...