North Star

North Star

Wrestling kicks season off in El Dorado

Layla Sabrah and Tate Miller

The wrestling team is off to a good start. With their recent tournament in El Dorado, and only having eight wrestlers attend due to injuries on the team, they had 6 wrestlers who placed. Jacob Alcantar placed 2nd, Jacob Cordova placed 4th, Carl Zackary placed 3rd, Angel Martinez placed 3rd, David Prine placed 4th and Jose Lopez placed 3rd.

“We did good for only having 8 wrestlers, I was happy with the results”, Coach Burgess said.

Burgess is positive about this weekend’s tournament. But it’s going to be more difficult than El Dorado.

“I haven’t been to Wellington yet but this tournament is definitely going to be tougher”, Burgess said about this upcoming weekend.

Overall, Burgess is excited for the rest of the season and he is confident in the team’s ability to embrace change and to work harder to achieve their goals for this year.

“It might be a little tougher for the older guys on the team to change up something they’ve been used to but I’m confident that the older guys and the new kids can adapt”, Burgess said, “we just need to focus on our training and focus on improving more than anything.”

About the Writers
Layla Sabrah, Reporter
Senior Layla Sabrah,  youngest of all her four siblings and future mechanical engineer, joined North’s media team her freshman year because talking to people was a struggle. She wanted to be involved in North’s activities and spread the word but her shyness restricted her from doing so. This class,in a way, forced her to go...
Tate Miller, Reporter

Tate Miller is a junior. Tate joined journalism because writing is her passion and she thought it would be a creative outlet. Before she was in YE she never did anything with her life. Now she has her business about custom plants. Her motto is “Go Green”! Gardening has been her passion for about four years. Tate has received $2,100 so she can fund her plants.
Her beat is YE.