New Assistant Principals

This year North High welcomed two new assistant principles, Mr. Ramirez and Mr. Fulton. Principle Padgett is looking forward to having the extra help “the more the merrier.”

According to Mr. Padgett, this year has been “the best start of the school year we will ever have”; this is because “We have two different dynamics because we have one person who is used to the system and one who is new to it. Assistant principals deal with roughly 400 students. In order to deal with them, Mr. Padgett says they will have to adapt to the “speed of North.”

This is Fulton’s eighth year as an assistant principal; most recently he was assistant principal at Southeast. Fulton works in academy 3 and deals with attendance, addressing student issues, extended learning, etc. Fulton said that his job is all about helping students “or anymore for that matter”. “It gives me a good feeling… to help them [students] move forward in life.”

Ramirez has been working with USD 259 for 20 years teaching for nineteen of them. In his teaching years Ramirez taught history at Trousdale and was assistant soccer coach at South High. Mr. Ramirez is in charge of academy 5. It has been a big change for Mr. Ramirez to switch from classroom responsibilities to dealing with more adults, none the less he loves it. Mr. Ramirez’s favorite part of North is its tradition. “It really sets it apart from other schools.”

North was Mr. Ramirez’s first choice for work “I’m thrilled to be here.”