The Student News Site of Wichita North High School

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

Polls

Do you plan to attend college?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Annual dance show gives teams a chance to shine

North High held another successful Dance Show. In total, 29 dance teams attended the show including high school and college teams as well as a Redhawk alum dance team. The new gym filled with teams and a large crowd of supporters on Wednesday November 8th.

Senior Domenik Heriford said, “It feels exhilarating to dance in front of all these people. It took a lot of hours, memorization, and team work to make this come together.”

This night is a really good opportunity for colleges to see what each high school has to offer. It’s also a good way for students see different colleges and get to know the coaches for the future.

But the most surprising part of this Dance Show was the “Alumhawks”

The group contained 13 North High Graduates. They wanted to come back and dance again for the crowd.

An Alum dancer said, “It was amazing! I loved the opportunity to be back at the school that I used to dance in all the time.”

Juliana Martinez of Dance with Juliana was the choreographer for the alum dance group. They collectively put the dance together about a month away from the show day. The ladies all agreed that it was stressful only practicing once a week, but they are all very grateful for the opportunity.