The Student News Site of Wichita North High School

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

Polls

What is your favorite breed of dog?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Advocacy change has students puzzled

The districts principals voted last school year to move advocacy to the end of the day

This year’s schedule change that moved Advocacy to the end of the day evoked many students to disagree/diverge with the decision with the schedule change for multiple reasons.

Many students say it’s a pointless class to have especially at the end of the day when everyone is ready to go home, and it’s forgotten until you’ve been remembered. Some say there’s no reason for it because you’re just sitting in a class for a little over 30 minutes doing nothing.

However, some say it helps get caught up with assignments they have but won’t be able to get to because of their life outside of school. Some students play sports or have a job in the afternoon, so they try to not have any homework to do after school. The other students don’t really have a say, they don’t feel as if having it at the end of the day affects them.

It has taken some teachers time to adjust as well to the advocacy change. Some teachers were used to last hour classes and now they shifted to teaching their class in the morning. Another complain about the schedule change was the lunch time. Some say it’s too early. Two new changes we’ll have to adapt to this year, but sometimes change is good.