Finals Week

Sandra Vazquez, Reporter

It is that time of the year again, as the school year comes to an end students have to prepare for their final exams. Preparing for finals can look different for everyone, while some may find it easy it, for others it can be a challenge.

Every class is required to provide their students with a final exam, it can either be a test, project or presentation, it is to the teacher’s discretion to decide what their students will be doing for their finals.

Finals are only worth 10% of the student’s grade. This percentage can have a different effect in students. While some are not bothered by that 10%, other students are trying their hardest by studying and preparing in order to maintain their grade or even get it up.

Other years, students had their finals split in two days, but this year North High School decided to give the students three different days to complete their finals. The decision was made in order to allow the students to have more time and hopefully increase their performance on their tests.

Students had their 2nd and 6th period finals on Monday morning and then continued with their normal school day. On Tuesday they had 1st, 5th, and 7th period finals and they were released at 12.00pm. Finally on Wednesday (today) students had their 8th, 9th, and 10th hour finals and were also released at noon.

Talking to Junior Yolanda Garcia, she stated:

“This year was really challenging for me since most of my teachers decided to assign a final project and final exam too. Managing my time was hard but i was able to get through it.”

Finals week is a stressful time of the year for most students but is also relieving to know that is the last thing of the year ad after everything is done and turned in, they get to go home and enjoy the rest of their summer.