Rumple named Kansas World Language Teacher of the Year

Elle Warren and Kadence Westley

North High World language teacher Alyssa Rumple has always cared deeply for all of her students. This was finally recognized when she was awarded Kansas World Language Teacher of the Year.

In order to win this award, you have to be nominated. Rumple was nominated by another North High Teacher, World Language department chair Jennifer Parga.

“I nominated Ms. Rumple because she is deserving of the award for a variety of positive ways that she has impacted the USD 259 World Language Department and the North High World Language Department,” Parga said.

Rumple truly impacts students and teachers lives and many people agreed that she was deserving of the award.

“Our whole department was behind the nomination as we see her in action everyday and knew that she deserved to be nominated and that she could easily win,” Parga said.

Ms. Rumple is also a very kindhearted person who would loves to see her students grow and develop into their own person.

“I love to see the way that students change over the course of a class its especially amazing to see them over the different years,” Rumple said.

It’s that passion for learning that led to Rumple receiving the award.

“I have a sense of purpose and the purpose is not only to educate students and people but also to make the world a better place.”