Pancake feed kicks off fall season

Josie Arellano

The North high cheer and dance team perform at the pancake feed.

Marie Loest, Reporter

With another successful school year starting, that means more traditions to take part in. To kick off the fall sports season, North hosted its annual pancake feed. The new athletic director, Michael Ghram helped to kick off this tradition.

Before the parade started, the football team went out on the field and played a little ball, the cafeteria filled up with students, families, and alumni. As people made their way through the lines for the pancakes, coffee, and orange juice; there are a few tables filled with North High apparel.

There were a variety of people that made an appearance to support our students and school. Many alumni and brand new families showed up. One alumni family said, ” We love to come for the parade. We enjoy and appreciate how rich the traditions here at North are.” Another alumni told us, “I absolutely love seeing the different kinds of people that come through North. Coming to this parade and hear the drumline throughout Riverside brings joy to my heart.”

All the freshman that were approached were more than happy to be at the parade and a little overwhelmed by all the new traditions. “All the new opportunities to be apart of the school and be out with everyone else is such a good feeling,” a freshman told us right as the band started to begin.

Along with the alumni stories, come the new generation of stories. There were freshman lined up and down the street of 13th eager to be apart of the welcoming North traditions.  One freshman told us, “Walking up to the street to line up for the parade was comforting and welcoming. I am stoked to finally be apart of something big and actually enjoyable.”

As the parade came to finish and all the fall sports made it onto the football field, with the band playing and the cheer and dance team performing, Ghram introduced all the sports including, football, boys soccer, girls golf, cross country, girls tennis and volleyball. The fall season had officially begun.