Getting to know Nayelly Rosales

Nayelly+Rosales

Nayelly Rosales

Maria Julia Contreras

Nayelly Rosales is a state qualifier in cross country, track and girls soccer as well as the winter Homecoming queen.

Nayelly is a senior involved in National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, AVID, Bio-Med, cross country, track, and soccer. She has maintained a 4.0 since freshman year and is top 1% of her class.

She has most enjoyed being in cross country. “Cross country will always be my favorite sport because the team is like a family and the coaches are really supportive. Running has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. Running has always helped me through the stresses of life… no feeling compares to the runners high.”

Recently, Nayelly has committed to Newman University and received a full ride. She received scholarships for running and academics. Her hopes after high school include going to Newman and pursuing her dream to become a surgeon. Apart from school, she enjoys running, hiking, reading, gardening, and works as a part time CNA. 

When asked what she is most proud of she responds “Receiving the Governor’s Scholar Award which is rewarded to the top one percent of high school students in their class. I am also proud of being a certified phlebotomist, CNA and soon to be EKG Technician.”

She is most ready to start track practice and plans to qualify for state for a second time.”I want to try to hit under twelve minutes for the 3200 meter race and qualify the girls 4X800 to state again.”

Nayelly hopes that everyone takes away that life is hard but that’s what makes it beautiful. Cherish every moment you have with your friends in high school, make good memories, laugh often,  and go to school events. And whatever your goal is in life, learn to fall in love with the process and enjoy the journey.