Girls Tennis Season Comes to an end

Wendy Martinez, Reporter

This year the girls tennis team consisted of new players trying-out a new sport. Although the team was mostly made of newbies there was four returning players Guadalupe Perez, Wendy Martinez, Valentina Fierros and Isabella Hernandez. Three of these players are seniors this year making this their last high school tennis season all three of them have had different tennis offers for different colleges but haven’t yet decided on what they will be doing.

This year our JV girls had a great season with Grecia Nunez and Ashley Flores placing third in doubles at the JV GWAL and Wendy Escoto placing fourth in singles. Our girls varsity came in 5th at the Varsity GWAL.

“Overall it was a good experience specially since this sums-up my last year of tennis. I felt like I had more wins than losses this time around and way more improvement,” Isabella Hernandez said. Even when the girls lost a match they would take it as a win  they learned new techniques from their opponents and that was a win for the girls.

Last years tennis season was a little more rough the girls couldn’t have any spectators due to Covid and they couldn’t interact as much with each other. This year the girls were glad things went back a little more to normal than last year.

“It was a really good year to be honest! I got the chance to meet new people, everyone was so kind to each other we became like a family.” Says Jade who was manager this year but enjoyed it so much she has decided to actually tryout next year.

All the girls enjoyed getting to challenge one another and improving in the game. Most of the girls will be returning next year to be part of the North High Girls Tennis team once again.