The Student News Site of Wichita North High School

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

The North Star

Polls

What is your favorite breed of dog?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Boys soccer suffers heartbreaking loss to Garden City

Leading 2-1 late in the second half, Garden City scores twice in three minutes to defeat North 3-2
Maritza Mendez

The North boys’ soccer ended the season with a devastating loss against Garden City yet going out with high professionalism and experience.

“Losing any game is difficult to deal with, especially one where we clearly outclassed our opponent, have a lead with less than nine minutes left, and defensive substitutes waiting at the line ready to come into the game.  This one is going to stick with us throughout the offseason,” Head Coach Curt Wullschleger said.

The loss gave North five losses in its last 6 games after starting the season 10-1-1.

“We played much tougher opponents closer to the final quarter of the season and just didn’t come out on top in those games. Nevertheless, I believe it got us ready for post season play,” Wullschleger said.

Some positive takeaways from this season were that the boys bounced back from a down year by their standards in 2022, yet they showed that we’re once again a premier program in Wichita. Wullschleger doesn’t see any letdown in t

he future.

“Look no further than the six-time reigning city league JV champions and C team!  By the time they make it to varsity they’ll hold high standards for their play, and ready to compete for their spot daily,” Wullschleger said.