Bio-Med Senior Project Presentations

Alejandra Pichardo and Angel Martinez

Bio-Med students had their own senior project presentations on 4/6 from 5:00 p.m-8:30 p.m and on 4/8 from 1:30 p.m-5:00 p.m. A total of 25 students presented each individual having their own innovation to their project. All 25 students had the chance to make a change in the healthcare profession. There was anything from a pressure sensing fabric by Emily Hedrick to a new and improved glucose pump by Isaiah Williams. All of the students had to present their idea out to a lecture hall full of important people, families, along with mentors. One former North High BioMed teacher Bill Welch said “I witnessed EVERY presentation given on Saturday and each student presented a professionally dressed, articulate, well researched project that I would never have guessed would be possible from freshman that I taught 4 years ago.” Some important people that came out on Saturday night included Bill Faflick who is the Assistant Super Intendant of High Schools as well as Jim Means who is the Executive director of CTE. Students mentioned that they are relieved for this stress to be over all that is left now is just to finish out the year strong. One of the students stated, “I feel like I can breathe.” After all of the presentations on Saturday night, Mrs. Riley and Mrs. Kelderman held a candle lit banquet for all the students that presented on both nights catered by our very own culinary students here at North. Over all the presentations were one for the books.